Dogs poo, and humans clear it up (and we think we’re the superior species!). There’s nothing scientific about the following observations, they’re just our House of Mutt views on poos…
- Raw food undoubtedly produces the least offensive poo bucket – www.naturalinstinct.co.uk is a good one to try if you’re looking.
- The speed that a meal can go through a puppy should never be underestimated.
- Spaniels are the worst to clear up after. It’s that walking about thing they do…
- Army dog handlers have come up with a great way to describe varying consistencies of diarrhoea when taking their dogs to the vet – not necessarily nice, but they save a lot of umming and ahhing! Try McDonalds Milkshake, Black Coffee, Cream of Tomato Soup or Chocolate Mousse.
- Puppies starting off on proper food often get upset stomachs. Chudley’s Puppy Food works for us… www.chudleys.com
- One set of squits in an otherwise healthy dog? Starve for 24 hours, then slowly reintroduce food with rice and chicken. More than one set of squits (or squits combined with vomitting, or if the squittee is under/over age): think about alternatives. Vet?
- If a dog steals a dozen eggs in one sitting (you know who you are, Nutella……!), batten down the hatches, and prepare for the worst.
- 1001 and a damp scrubbing brush – every doggy home should have it in the cupboard.